Teri's Quilts and Crafts

Labels

|Home|

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Re-do's





Well my new favorite blog is Better After...Its so fun!! Its a blog that shows lots of re do projects..before and after..Its crazy to see the easy and quick changes you can make to things...for a totally different look..SO I have decided to share a few of my recent re-do projects!

Frames...I found these at Goodwill..

I liked the shapes of them so I just spray painted them and did a black glaze finish.....All of the frames on this wall are from Goodwill....The oval frame..I LOVE..It was a mirror..and now I am kicking myself because I didnt want the mirror..wish I would have saved that!!! .okay so if you know our family you can see that I need a few more frames!! You just have to keep checking the thrift stores..:) I'll buy them when I can find them cheap...



I bought these blocks while on vacation..I really liked the border detail.. I went to use them at a photoshoot and it just wasn't working for me..The 3 colors didnt work well and were just boring...There is only 1 block for each letter, so in a name the colors double.

.anyway I wanted some blocks like these that I found on Etsy...But did not want to pay SO much..They were $30 for 6 blocks!!! ya, not happening!! .I talked to my husband and tried to get him to make me some..after seeing his non-excitement I decided maybe i could re-do these! (Total cost of blocks and spray paint $20!!and I have 26 blocks!! not just 6)


SO I re-did these..I love them:) I cant wait to use them in a photoshoot!!! What a difference right?..Think vintage..country..little kiddo in the grass or by a rustic building...CUTE!

AllI did was spray paint them...Then I sanded the corners a little bit to help the glaze emphasize the edges a bit..Then I used an antiquing glaze..I painted the top of the block then wiped away the excess glaze...
Here they are in my photoshoot.... cute!


Okay so I saw this little vanity stool for $7...I fought myself on its potential...and decided to buy it... Isnt it ugly!!


I painted it white...and reupholstered the seat..adorable right???



And lastly...I found these at goodwill too. They were 3.99..No glass..but perfect for what I wanted..I painted the frame..and added a piece of sheet metal that I had in the garage..scrap from my magnet board ..Painted that and now my little girl has a cute magnet board for her room!

5 comments:

  1. How did you do those blocks? They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here from Better After.....did you sand, paint and put stain (or glaze) over the blocks?

    So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you do the blocks? Can u share Please TY
    Fran

    ReplyDelete